– Satisfy the mandatory training requirement as prescribed by the Department of Agriculture
– Achieve a recognised QQI qualification
– Attain up to date knowledge about legislate requirements for the handling and dispensing animal remedies
– Maintain best practice procedures for the storage, handling, distribution and disposal of animal remedies
– Become suitably qualified to stock and sell LM medicines , such as dog worming tablets, Parex Flea & tick products & Horse wormers.
Legislation which governs the handling and dispensing of veterinary medicine and animal remedies
– Storage, handling, distribution and disposal requirements
– Labelling specifications
– ‘Responsible Person’ duties
– Animal anatomy and nutrition
– Vaccination programmes
– Mastitis control
– Dispensing guidelines in accordance with legislation
– Record keeping and documentation requirements
The Department of Agriculture has stated that all new entrants to the veterinary medicine and animal remedies retail sector will be required to complete training in this area. It is compulsory for any individual who wishes to sell LM products to have successfully completed a responsible persons course and achieved the required grade.
This programme is provided by Chevron Training. The course will be delivered in a classroom by suitably qualified tutors.
Duggan veterinary Supplies Ltd. For further information about this course, please email